Sunday, October 19, 2014

My Music and When I Listen To It

So I'm not even close to a strict type of music listener. I do prefer metal-core over the rest but there really isn't many genres I won't listen too. I listen to certain things depending on what mood I am in and what sounds to be on point in the situation. When I'm by myself playing video games, taking a shower, exercising, driving around, etc. I love listening to A Day to Remember, Bring Me The Horizon, Asking Alexandria, Avenged Sevenfold, Falling in Reverse, Deuce, and Crown the Empire altogether in a playlist with others with a similar sound. When I'm in more of an older type of music mood I love listening to Linkin Park, System of a Down, Godsmack, Papa Roach, Three Days Grace, and many others I used to listen to almost religiously. When I'm around my friends and in the party mood I like listening to rap such as; Wiz Khalifa, Juicy J, K Camp, MGK, along with whatever else others feel like playing. I'm not a very picky person when it comes to what others want to listen to unless it's country. I've tried and I really cant get into most of it. I think it's due to my grandparents listening to it so much. It threw me off the genre entirely.

When I get some alone time I love turning on my music while doing some sort of activity and relax to the music. I've yet to find someone who enjoys the exact same situation as I enjoy even though I'm sure it's quite common. I'd love to meet someone who wants to hang out, turn some music on, and just enjoy the moment. I can spend hours simply relaxing and playing something with constant music in the background I can sing along with. It really is one of the things I enjoy the most. Living a busy life I don't get to do this very often anymore, but when I do I couldn't be happier. Whenever I'm working on homework I do turn my music on and it does help me get it done but it's not nearly the same as the times where I have noting to do or things I have to worry about.

As responsibilities build up and the amount of time available to get them all taken care of. I don't have the time to just do nothing for the night and listen to music and I would like. I miss it, but I know it must happen as a part of life. Just now writing this I would love to set my homework aside and just enjoy a couple hours of music and gaming. I cannot responsibly let myself do it, even though that's all I have the urge to do. The bliss I find in music when I'm alone has helped me through many hard times I've found myself in. Regardless of the cause or what I'm then faced with I know I can manage as long as I can have some alone time to listen  to what will help me get my thoughts out to help determine where I will go from there and how I will deal with whatever is now in my way.

Thanks for reading.


No comments:

Post a Comment