Sunday, October 26, 2014

Bring Me The Horizon "Drown"


When you love a particular band you become anxious for the release of a new album. You may end up waiting years for it and it may not live up to your expectations. However, it may just exceed all you thought it to be. While hanging out with a similar music lover they told me about a new Bring Me The Horizon single that had come out a few days ago. She had said it was a decent song but had none of the bands well known screaming. I became sceptical and hoped they were not changing their tone. So we then listened to the song. It was called "Drown" from their album being released in December. The music video has gotten 2 million views in 4 days, which isn't bad at all. The song has an upbeat tone with a soft display of Oli Sykes vocals. It is a more melodic song with a catch chorus. I personally love the song already and I'm listening the first time for the second time as I'm writing this. 


I get the feeling that the song doesn't show the tone of how this album will be but does make for a great accompanying track to its list. I am still a bit nervous as to how this album will be and I'm hoping it will be great. BMTH has been my favourite band for awhile now and I would really like that to stay the same with this new release. My cousin lost interest in the band after the previous album as they became more harmonic and included more soft chorus', which I personally enjoy. 

I feel like BMTH has plenty to still offer and will continue to produce songs I enjoy even if they cause others to lose interest. I felt like this was a good topic choice because it really does have an impact on what you will listen too until a next release. If a band produces a bad album, you're basically stuck with it and have to have faith the next one will be better and have to find someone else to listen too in the mean time. The songs that make it onto and album have to be the correctly chosen one or else the album can severely suffer. That's goes along with releasing all of the best singles before the album drop leaving nothing of equal value when it is actually released. The biggest change I've seen is a band or artist actually switching their style up entirely. Which is gutsy and may or may not even work out. I feel that band should stick to their roots and expand upon them not change who they are and what they even sing for. Music is an ultimate form of expression and if you make it big in a genre, you should know your fans love you for that reason not for how many genres you can form together. Fans will remain loyal as long as you remain loyal to them, they are your reason for all your success in the music industry.

Thanks for reading

No comments:

Post a Comment