Sunday, November 16, 2014

Spotify

So, a few weeks ago I had  noticed Spotify introduced a new promotion which cut the premium price in half for all students. I've used Spotify in the past and figured why not take advantage of this promotion. So I went ahead and got the subscription and started filling some playlists with all my favorite bands and artists. As a couple of weeks have gone by I'm still happy with my membership even though there are a certain few songs that aren't on there, I'm overall content.


What I have noticed is I basically have my music broken up into 3 playlists. One for all of my favorite metal-core like bands; Bring Me The Horizon, Of Mice & Men, A Day to Remember, Crown the Empire, Ice Nine Kills, Issues, BlessTheFall, SECRETS, etc. I also have a playlists for the rap music I listen too, which I haven't yet blogged about. This playlist has many artists such as; Wiz Khalifa, Juicy J, K Camp, Lil Wayne, Childish Gambino, Kat Dahlia, Drake, Eminem, etc. Thus leaving the last playlist which has new popular songs ranging from different artists including; Jason Derulo, Ariana Grande, Macklemore, Sia, Chris Brown, Rihanna, Woe is Me, SECRETS, and others.

So from these 3 different playlists I've began noticing myself choosing based on the current mood I was in. When I am calm and doing homework or relaxing after work I would play my "Let Them Sing" playlist which has the obvious metal-core bands. When I'm hyped up or in a partying mood I'll play my "dopee" playlist, which contains the rap music. When I'm basically not in the mood for either of those and just want something else to listen too I'll play songs from my "general" playlist. I categorized them by mood just as a coincidence. I mean most of the time people don't through two completely different types of music together and hope they flow at least half way decent, but with my separation it really captured all I am in the mood for. Not saying I don't listen to each type in other situations or moods but they generally fit each mood pretty well.


I wrote this blog on Spotify to highlight on how great this deal is and how happy I am to have it. The student discount is half of the normal membership fee of $10 a month, which I thought was all too much. So $5 a month for at least a year is something I have no problem paying. That's only $60 for an entire year of all your favorite music on your computer or mobile devices. I plug my phone into my car stereo and listen to anything I want on my way to and from school, work, friends houses and any other trips I need to make. As a music lover I find $60 cheap to have almost any song, album, or playlist available all at the push of a button. I highly suggest any student interested to take advantage of the half off student discount.


No comments:

Post a Comment